Clocks – short for Classroom Occupancy System – is the groundbreaking ‘campus intelligence’ solution developed by our partners, Lone Rooftop.Clocks calculates the position of people inside a building, primarily using existing WiFi networks.
Smarter room allocation
Clocks integrates with Enterprise Foundation to give you real-time data that shows how space is actually being used, versus planned classes. Use these insights to realise significant cost – and space-savings, by addressing smaller-than-planned and shorter-than-planned classes or complete no shows.
Create space with data, not bricks
Creating new buildings is expensive, time-consuming and not always possible. The ability for universities to gain accurate usage data for buildings, rooms and teaching spaces drives more efficient scheduling of rooms and resources, significantly reducing costs- including the building of unnecessary additional space. Clocks enables you to schedule more activities and increase student numbers, all within your existing building capacity.
“Without the additional investment of equipping a building with all types of sensors, PIE ensures that accurate data can still be gathered about how a building is being used.” The biggest advantage? The full implementation only took a few weeks." Wageningen UR
Anonymous, secure, and built on your existing infrastructure
Based on location data that is anonymously sourced from existing WiFi networks, Lone Rooftop’s PIE technology is able to calculate the specific location of people in all parts of the buildings. PIE works with all types of sensors including beacons, workspace sensors, motion detectors and access control systems. It is compatible with Cisco and HP Aruba networks, and Lone Rooftop has acquired the enviable status of Preferred Solution Partner for those networks.
- More classes, more students, same space
- Schedule smarter by seeing actual vs planned use of space
- Reduce no-shows and optimise underutilised classes
- Postpone or cancel capital building programmes, saving money
- Compare different classes and see lost capacity in terms of empty seats or empty seats or empty hours.
- Detailed reports per class giving you essential usage information by week, type, location day or time.
- Manage workspace in realtime – use digital displays with heatmaps to show students where space is available.