Optimise scheduling to achieve strategic goals
Enterprise Foundation is a powerful, easy-to-use timetabling solution. It is offers the highest level of flexibility:
- fully automated scheduling
- entirely manual scheduling
- a combination of the two
This enables the user to always have the power of the scheduling engine while maintaining complete control. With other systems you can spend a long time looking for an available slot. With Enterprise Foundation, slots are shown automatically. This is because the scheduling engine is always engaged, it dynamically anticipates the scheduling questions the user might ask.
Enterprise Foundation can integrate with your Students Records, HR and Estates systems to reduce time spent manually inputting information, thus saving your institution money.
Enterprise Foundation enables you to:
- Save money – by modelling new ways of optimising your space. SUMs Consulting has identified more than £300k of direct savings per annum at one institution through improved space utilisation.
- Make money - by optimising existing space, freeing up rooms that could be outsourced to 3rd parties.
- Improve student engagement - create personalised timetables for students and staff.
- Gain better visibility of information - view timetables at the school/faculty level and as a cohesive university timetable.
- Prevent clashes - create a clash-free coherent timetable – the software supports and underpins the scheduling of all planned activities using the resources available.
- Improve efficiency – optimise resources and improve planning. This gives you much more control.
- Perform real world scheduling and incremental scheduling, - scheduling can be done as data becomes available, without changing everything that has been scheduled already. The software supports dynamic scheduling, so when adjustments are needed, the system provides instant advice on alternative solutions.
Gain an innovative, holistic solution
Enterprise Foundation is the university timetabling software solution chosen by many top universities worldwide. It is also used by business schools, further education colleges and other institutions.
- Increase student and staff satisfaction - Enterprise Foundation is able to create personalised timetables for students and staff. It can also be configured so that the timetables produced are the most convenient for students.
- Attract and retain students – By scheduling in a way that broadens choice, you are more likely to attract students to your institution and improve student retention. A flexible timetable enhances student satisfaction, helping to make your institution a more desirable place to study.
- Make the best use of available space – Fit teaching into the right type of room and match capacity to improve utilisation. Many institutions have been able to increase student numbers and offer more courses whilst reducing the number of teaching rooms.
- Maintain academic staff priorities – Enterprise Foundation’s scheduling engine supports timetabling constraints that are applied for academic reasons. Academic staff will also be reassured to know that their availability and preferences can be respected in the scheduling process.
- Improve efficiency – Smart scheduling ensures that important resources such as staff, rooms and equipment are effectively utilised to the benefit of the whole organisation. This releases capacity that can be used to support growth, or for other revenue generating activities.
- Improve decision making – Use management reports to monitor and react to key information, such as room utilisation and staff availability. Fast and efficient ‘what-if’ scenario building allows you to plan new buildings, model new courses, or increase student numbers with real confidence.
- See at a glance where there are free slots.
- Flexible search – search for a specific room to be free anytime or search by times available to book a specific room.
- Create customisable rules and constraints – create soft and hard constraints like travel time or rooms with specific equipment.
- Handle jointly taught teaching – where students on different modules and programmes are actually co-taught in the same location by the same member of staff, the jointly-taught activity model in Enterprise Foundation allows students to see the correct view of the activity without requiring double booking of staff or rooms.
- Flexibile scheduling - Fully automated, fully manual scheduling or a combination of both.
- Adjust scheduling preferences – the user therefore can ‘teach’ the scheduling engine what constitutes a good timetable.
- Bookings – the software supports the making of ad-hoc resource bookings, for students’ private study, extra-curricular activities or for users external to the institution.
- View multiple timetables – see the knock-on impact of any timetabling change to all of the resources involved. The user can see the timetable from different perspectives in separate tabs, side by side or cascaded.
- Create personalised views – the user can personalise the software to show the information required in an order that suits their task. Personalisation is remembered every time you use the software so that it ‘learns’ how you like to work.
- Reporting capability – Enterprise Foundation has a built in reporting capability that allows the user to send what they are seeing on screen directly to a printer or to a number of file formats. The reporting database also allows for custom reports to be built using standard reporting tools.
- Language provision - Enterprise Foundation is available in over 15 languages including Arabic, Chinese and Spanish.
Related Products and Services