Capital Programme Management
Managers involved in capital programmes often experience the following:
- Difficulty making strategic decisions because information can be out of date at progress meetings.
- Risk of reduced government funding due to failing to spend within the financial year.
- Increased cost of corrective action resulting from late warnings of projects that are likely to be over-spent or under-spent or are slipping against delivery targets.
- A steadily increasing capital programme that is starting to overload the existing system of spreadsheets.
- Difficulty proving that the department is meeting government and internal targets and objectives.
- Variable quality of projects because an inconsistent approach is taken to project management
- Finding a management application that is proven to understand, fit and support transport and capital programme working.
Imprest is a highly scaleable Capital Programme Management solution. It makes the big picture available by providing a single system for managing major capital programmes. Information is monitored throughout the year and prepared for annual returns, whilst helping to deliver a professional programme of work on the ground.
Imprest helps your business become more profitable. Software of this kind gives you a return on investment after just 7.4 months (Source: IDC).
Imprest provides the following benefits:
- An easy to use environment within which the latest status of programme information, such as financial data, performance information and programme milestones are available from a dedicated strategic reporting module.
- Interfacing with the finance system to draw through the financial position to every project. This enables visibility of under- and over-spending schemes.
- Alerts for senior managers to warn of slippage in schedule and over-or under-spend.
- A structured project framework which can be configured to meet the particular working practices of different work streams.
- A proven and innovative system designed to manage capital programme management.
Find out why the University of York chose our solution for capital programme management in this case study.